Tuesday, September 16, 2014

NEW HORIZONS

 AND THE CITY SMOG


Hello everyone! Thanks for sticking with me during the last couple of weeks... finally, it is done - objective "moving" accomplished! I don't know why but it was an awful lot more work than the last times. Anyway, it's done, boxes are empty, the bed is made, the desk shines from unprecedented tidiness, ice tea is cooling down to drinking temperature in the fridge and (al)most importantly the internet connection has been established and my PCs are set up!

Why did I leave a modern 150 m² loft on the countryside and move to a mediocre 42 m² suburban apartment? Well, sometimes I still question that myself and I somehow feel like a sardine in a can to be honest. But actually I know why... because I had to. It was one of those rational decisions of life - economical, if you want. Given extreme uncertainty but also great responsibility I had to find a place that is easier to afford. Furthermore the new place also had to be closer to work for me as well as for my fiancĂ©. I am happy that regarding those two points the new apartment is perfect and I am sure after a while I will also get used to this tiny space. Thinking about my foreign exchange year in Tokyo, where I lived on approximately 12 m², that shouldn't be too hard. A more negative catch however is that I can't smoke here so much anymore... but yeah... is that really all that negative, you tell me.

A lot of things developed recently and actually the hills in front of me seem to flatten out. One of the more positive factors is that I am again a few more kilometers away from my family, which - as harsh as it may sound - makes me sleep a lot easier, secondly I will start to work in Vienna at a great place already this week and lastly it seems I have a good chance to get out of the shit company I have to call myself boss of. -Which really is the last corpse in my basement... I would be so happy to finally get out of this crap but unfortunately negotiations and discussions about selling or consolidating the company take a lot of time and energy, while - of course as always when it comes to business - no positive outcome is guaranteed.


Personally I am looking forward to my new job, by the way as clerk in a second hand videogame store (yeah!), much more than being head of a company. Don't get me wrong, if it was a company about videogames, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but unfortunately the company I have now, was founded out of necessity and basically does nothing I can even the slightest bit relate to. My new job pays almost nothing, but still enough to cover my rent, I work with videogames and only between two and three days a week, which is awesome because it gives me a lot of free time that I can put into the development of my own idea. Even during work I can use the internet, work on my private endeavors or just relax because I will mostly be alone in the store and allegedly there are a lot of days when just a handful of people show up!

So... how is the plan? Well, as announced before, from now on development of my own game and of course my blog will have a high priority in my life. So far things have played out well for me and after moving, finding a great part-time job and getting some more distance from negative influences, I would love to fully start public development of my game as soon as possible. Unfortunately there is still that company factor... and well... that I can't control. So while (for now) there will still remain a constant dark cloud above my head, that could every second drown me in a rain of problems - and therefore take me away and keep me from concentrating on my real task for an undefined time span - I think, I still need to get started. After all this company issue could still take several weeks until it will be resolved... one way or the other.

During the following week I want prepare some information about my game and after that get it out to you. - I know you have been waiting too long already. Please stay tuned and continue to stick with me. I can't do that alone.. that much I am certain of. Thanks again to all you friends and interested followers out there on the web. Special shoutouts to +Emberheart Games, +Blake Price and of course +Fangirl Review for the constant support and doing great inspiring stuff of their own!

Play more! Smoke more!

No comments:

Post a Comment