Thursday, June 19, 2014

DEVELOPMENT SECTION - STILL ALIVE?

HARVEST TIME!


Dear followers, readers and friends!

As some of you might recall, a while ago I wrote a post titled Announcing Determination where I told that I want to get back into some Indie development myself. I already prepared additional posts about my idea, I set up various development environments, sketched a bunch of stuff... but (un)fortunately things got a bit out of control already days after this initial post.
I wanted to do a remake of an old game. My research brought me to the point where I could not start to freely twaddle about it, and legally it turned out better that I didn't. In the end I got official word that I am not to do what I wanted to do and my endeavour was crushed before you even heard about it. - Ok, I thought, let it rest. It's not that I have no original ideas myself...
However, also at that time I have been contacted that a class about videogame development, with a focus on art and character design I have registered already long time before, has finally reached it's minimum number of participants and was about to start. So, in the end I was quite lucky that I didn't get into anything because the class alone took about 30 hours per week of my time over the last four months! Nevertheless it was a lot of fun and it did pay off greatly since it was not only theoretical. Not only that it refreshed my skills with 3D modelling, sculpting and texturing, I also learned a lot about 2D characters, colors, design and functionality in general and I could greatly improve everyday workflow by learning a ton of neat tricks in a variety of programs along the way.

So yeah, now you also know why I wasn't too active on my blog for some time. I also met some very nice people in the class and we will probably do something together in the near future. Because I also don't want to get rusty again with - or rather further improve - the 3D stuff, I will use this section of my blog to showcase some of the things will be doing from now on... well... maybe I will restructure the site a bit, I don't know yet. For now it stays here and I would love to get some comments and critique about the stuff. Please enjoy some of the more or less final works from the last months:








Play more! Create more!


No comments:

Post a Comment